domingo, 31 de julio de 2011

Besthöven - Interview


1.Hello Fofão,how are you crusty brother? all good?

Hello DIS-brother! Nice to be answering this interview dude! All is well ,beyond all this daily “running things” so common in our life…all is well….and I am also always composing new songs…and with my mind full of ideas…and new “projects” to be doing soon…drinking a lot..and enjoying my little family of course(my wife and son)… hearing tons of cool bands!! Watching tons of movies!! Reading comix a lot….and many others cool things!! Hahaha….  


2.How born Besthöven? in what year,by who?

Well…back in the time…it was in the end of 1990…October to be exact…and started like all bands started…just 4 young punk friends with similar thoughts want to do a punk band and do some noise!!...the exact and concrete first line up was= ME(FOFÃO) VOX/ ROBSON GUITARS / REPOLHO BASS / RATO DRUMS….so RATO moved to São Paulo city….and REPOLHO goes to Drums….and Adriana comes to Bass…This line up goes till beguin of 1994….so we kicked Robson for be irresponsible at that time…Repolho was in “army” working that era(in brazil it is an obligation to all guys with 18 years old…)and no time to band,so I kicked him also….Adriana was working a lot,studing and playing in another band that time,so no time to Besthöven,so I kicked she also…hahaha….so since 1994 I am alone….i used some temporary line ups….and support members…to play live ot recording some demos….but today the band is just me,recording all alone….composing alone,etc….i consider Besthöven like a “BAND” and NOT like a “project”…since projects are short time life,temporaries…and I am with this work more than 19 years now….i used also a temporary line up from end of 2005 to 2008 to play some gigs….and some “birthday” band celebration also….but it is stopped also….i continue alone,just composing and recording new stuffs…since I don’t´see any reason to keep playing live here….i don´t enjoy to play live here….here also do not have many “fans” of this type of music….and I don not wanna be a “full” band never again….i am many closed with my things and works….and I am fucking tired in line ups that changes and changed again….etc….and to be alone is so cool and more “easy” to do the things….i do more things alone than one “normal full band” made….and I really love to be recording alone!! This is an amazing experience!!


3.What bands influence a this raw and chaotic band from name Besthöven?

In the beguin,in the first days… we are more into noise bands like ATACK EPILEPTICO,ANTI TIMPANOS ,SP CAOS and BRIGADA DO ODIO,some of the first songs was noise and short….but I keeped composing just songs into D-BEAT and CRUST,so in the beguin yet we stopped to playing “short” songs.and played just D-BEAT…..the influences are basically old Swedish bands that I love like= ANTI-CIMEX(my favorite of the world and in all eras!!)/FEAR OF WAR/CRUDE SS/SHITLICKERS/DISCARD/…..etc etc…..some old records from brazilian bands like LOBOTOMIA,OLHO SECO,ARMAGEDOM,SKARNIO….and tons more like WRETCHED,CRUCIFIX,DISCHARGE,etc….Japanese bands like CROW,DISCLOSE,BATTLE OF DISARM,ICONOCLAST…etc….

I am addicted to music,so I am hearing music all the time…..many bands from 90 s also inflkuenced me =DISCHANGE,WARCOLLAPSE,DISSOBER,DISFORNICATE,FORÇA
MACABRA,SKITSYSTEM….etc….

So I can say that the influences are so many…and always bands that I love will be in my influences also….
 Others bands like SARCOFAGO & THE SISTERS OF MERCY influenced me also….


4.Why Besthöven?

This is a creative and invented name….our first drummer Repolho creates….it is the mix of two words=BESTA (that in portuguese means EVIL,BEAST….etc…) and BEETHOVEN (the musician)….the original idea was to be something like if Beethoven is “classic music”…we are CHAOTIC MUSIC…..the name means something of sarcasm as well….i enjoyed a lot the name,since the beguin…so I decided to keep the original band name….and hell yeah is a “original” name also…different a lot….



5.How many stuff have at the moment Besthöven?

I don´t know it in “numbers” but are a lot of stuffs….check here=

"CANÇÃO PARA UMA BASE DE MÍSSEIS..." demo 1995
"OS MORTOS INSEPULTOS..." demo 1996
"COMP TRAX 96-97"tape
"DAMN THE CONTROL COMP EP" 97 (VOMITING LABEL-FINLAND)
"CHAOS OF DESTRUCTION-DOUBLE COMP LP" 97 (CHAOS OF DESTRUCTION & DAN DOH RECS JAPAN)
"DEPOIS DE UM ATAQUE AÉREO-EP" 1999 (NOISE CAT RECS FINLAND)
"MORE VICTIMS OF WAR-EP" 2002 (STEEL MEETS STEEL RECS-FINLAND)
JUST ANOTHER WARSONG-EP" 2003(PLAGUE BEARER RECORDS-DENMARK)
"JUST ANOTHER WARSONG-EP"2003 (CRIES OF PAIN RECS-USA)
"MORE VICTIMS OF WAR-EP" - SECOND PRESS 2003- (G.O.T.A. REC..S-USA)
"THE TIME OF HELL.4 way COMP LP" 2003- (G.O.T.A. RECS-USA)
"TRIBUTE TO ARD" COMP CD 2003 (INDEPENDENCIA RECS-DF)
"SPLIT EP WITH DISCLOSE" 2004 (PLAGUE BEARER RECS-DENMARK)
"SPLIT EP WITH DISCLOSE" 2004 (CRIES OF PAIN RECS-USA)
"TO THE HELL WITH THEM ALL-A HAIL TO JAPAN-EP" 2004 (L.U.O.T. RECS JAPAN-DITRIBUTED IN USA BY G.O.T.A. RECS)
"A BOMB RAID INTO YOUR MIND..."COMP TRAX LP 2002-2003 -JAILBREAKER RECS-BRAZIL)
"DEPOIS DE UM ATAQUE AÉREO-EP" SECOND PRESS 2005 (ROOM 101 RECS-USA)
"A LEI DO MAIS FRACO..."12 LP 2005 (ROOM 101 RECORDS" USA)
"SPLIT LP WITH SKELETON"2006 (  THE TOTAL END RECORDS,USA)
"SPLIT EP WITH TRIOXIN 245" 2006 (MUERTE NEGRA DISCOS,USA)
SPLIT EP WITH VIOLATION 2006 (FINAL ATTEMPT RECS ,USA)-
"TRIBUTE TO DOOM -COMP CD" 2006 (HELVETET RECS-PERU)
"HEAR BOMBS SEE BLOOD FEEL WAR"COMP CD DISCOGRAPHY 1995-1999(SPEED STATE RECS,JAPAN)
"SPLIT EP WITH ALTERNATE SYSTEM" 2007 (DIST AND CONFUZED RECS-SWEDEN)
"THE BEST OF..." COMP TRAX TAPE (CROP CIRCLE RECORDS-MALAYSIA)
'COMP. TRAX TAPE" (KOTZE TAPES-GERMANY)
SPLIT EP WITH SEE//GET (ABOLISH PROEMINENT HUNGER RECORDS-CANADA)2007
.SPLIT EP WITH WARVICTIMS in SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION RECORDS(FRANCE)and DTAKT & RAPUNK RECORDS(SWEDEN)2007
SPLIT EP WITH SUBURBAN SHOWDOWN (SUBTERRANEAN RECORDS-USA)2008
"BLOOD PAIN DEATH AND DESTRUCTION"CD TOTAL RECORDING 2005-06 (BARRICADA RECORDS-PERU & CORROSION CEREBRAL RECORDS-SPAIN)
"SEEKING SHELTER IN THE DARKNESS OF WAR..." LP(APH RECS-CANADA)2008
"VISIONS OF HELL-EP" (ABUSE RECORDS-BELGIUM)2008
SPLIT EP WITH BETON 2009(TOTALITARIANISM STILL CONTINUES-SLOVAKIA/I FEEL GOOD-USA/RABIA CONTRA EL SISTEMA-SPAIN/DISTANDCONFUZED-SPAIN RECORDS)

4 WAY COMP. EP WITH BESTHÖVEN/BULLET FRENZY/ANTIMASTER & ELIMINATE 2007(MUERTE NEGRA & BLACK SHIT NOISE RECS-USA)
SPLIT CD WITH PISTÖNS 2009(SUFFERING JESUS RECS-CANADA)
"SEEKING SHELTER IN THE DARKNESS OF WAR..." PRO-TAPE VERSION 2010 (SMYT & SAORS RECS-FRANCE)
AND LOTS OF COMPS IN TAPES AND CDRS….


And some new things to come soon….the NEW and also FIRST 10” from BESTHÖVEN OUT fucking now!! By SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION & I FEEL GOOD RECORDS in France!!


6.How is the crust-dbeat scene in Brasil?

Well…Brazil never have a “crust scene”…..only some bands here or there that are playing this type of music….just some guys here or there also that are into this way of life also….wering dirty looks,etc….
In the past some bands made some cool records with this type od d-beat drums and chaotic lyrics ….ARMAGEDOM ,LOBOTOMIA for example in their first records and stuffs but these bands are many different today I think….in the 90s just some bands like NEUROSE URBANA,DESASTRE,BESTHÖVEN for example was doing this music also…and just some others fews like SCUM NOISE,UNDER THREAT….some bands like CARCARA CORE,HECATOMBE NUCLEAR…I remember that EXTREMAMENTE IRRITANTE is more into “European” ways of play,buy hell yeah,their records and demos are fucking d-beat also!!....today just some few bands again….from the new bands into d-beat and crust from brazil I enjoy UNFIT SCUM,LIFE LÖCK,D-ESCRESING LIFE,NUCLEAR FROST.
But like I said….here in Brazil never existed a “crust scene”…..


7.You have a fanzine too? what is the name and how many issues have?

The name of my zine is VERMYNOZE PUTRIDA,I started in end of 1990 also…I published 32 editions in total in paper format….today the zine is a “blog” only where I continue to interview bands that I enjoy….and I am posting tons of old interviews I made and published in old numbers….i am trying to put the maximum of things from old editions there….and I really don´t know when I will back to publish one new edition in paper format again….but I really wanna do this…..but I wanna do something more “professional” this time….like AGITATE ZINE from UK or WARNING ZINE from USA,for example….do you can check my blog zine at=  vxpxzine.blogspot.com

8.Let's talk about  The tribute to Besthöven,are you happy with this edition?

Hell yeah!! Fucking happy with that record dude!!....all covers and versions are fucking great!!! And it is an incredible thing =sometimes I think….and the best thing in all is….i am still alive and I can hear the tribute….this is a “true” tribute….when I am still alive to see and the band works is in totally activity also….i hope to find a label to do a vinyl version of that CD….I think it can be really great also!!...and if I found a label to do the LP version I will enclose some extra bands….since I have received some trax from bands playing Besthöven coversongs also….can be great to include extra stuffs in the LP version too…so,if you have a label and wanna release this killer record just drop me a line ok????


9.How many future plans have Besthöven like band and like persons?

Millions of plans dude….i will be going to studio soon do a new 6 trax ep in next weeks for example…I am waiting to new records be out fucking soon like =”NO TOMORROW”-4 WAY COMP. LP with BESTHÖVEN/WARVICTIMS/KRÜEL and PEACE OR ANNIHILATION….a split EP with GO FILTH GO from Greece also….and the Live LP from 2008 to be released soon…..and I have more some plans to conclude still this year….

10.Thanks Fofão,for your time,your last words.

Thanx a lot dude…for the space in your zine!! And interest also!! Thanx to all that waste a time to read this too….
You can check some Besthöven videos at my personal page at youtube.com/vxpxzine to be checking news and trax at myspace.com/besthoven or drop me a line at discordiarecords(a)hotmail.com   or CAIXA POSTAL 8120-GAMA-DF-72460-970-BRAZIL

DIS CHEERS AND BEERS!!!

FOFÃO DISCRUST.

www.myspace.com/besthoven


 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario